Program Planning across multiple locations with digital tools available in Scaled Agile
- 8:00 Breakfast and networking
- 8:30 Presentation
- 9:30 – 10:00 Discussion and networking
Distributed team set-up in software development is not uncommon anymore. Scaled Agile execution set-up across multiple development locations is everyday life for many software development organizations and international companies.
Time zone differences give additional possibilities, but also impose teams for additional challenges to find joined working time. When distance between locations grow, travelling is not always an option for big room planning and economic considerations restrict to send everybody to same locations. Even environmental considerations become more important for international companies which limit extensive travel.
Nordea Project Execution and Architecture team in Financial Anti-Crime IT area have experimented with “digital Agile” planning concept and available digital tools at Nordea. How Nordea Program Management team have tackled these Agile planning challenges in global Nordea programs?
Come to discuss with Nordea project manager the challenges connected to distributed planning.
Virtual ART Organization for Agile Development
- Roles in Scaled Agile Program
- What are challenges when setting up virtual multi-skilled teams in various locations
- Different team set-up; component, functional and system teams
Program Planning process and Preparation for PI
- Managing Program Backlog
- Selected Features for Development
- Draft Agenda for distribution
- Useful tools and checklist to help preparations
How to facilitate distributed Program Planning (PI) Event
- Management Speakers and Business Owners
- Product Management and Product Owners
- Release Train Engineer (RTE) and RTE proxy in distant location
- Who perform each Agenda item and activity?
- What are the RTE responsibilities during the planning activity?
- Who can assist the RTE during each activity if needed?
Our Speaker is Petri Kopsa, who has more than 20 years of IT systems integration experience in the telecom, banking and finance industry. Recently he has become a specialist in delivering Fraud Management services for Nordic Region. Earlier in his career he has been mainly involved for Cards Issuing and Outsourcing projects for Finnish Bank Groups and International Payment Providers as a delivery project manager.
Petri has special finance industry knowledge related to Fraud Management, Visa debit and credit card business. He has also lead successfully several large-scale international programs with multiple stakeholders and global service integration companies. During his career Petri has held several leadership positions, including Project and Program Manager, Release Train Engineer and Scrum Master. He holds the Master of Science degree and MBA in International Business from Technical University of Chalmers, Gothenburg.
Currently Petri is very much involved in SAFe and Scaled Agile development activities as Release Train Engineer at Nordea. Petri is certified a SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer and PMI Project Management Professional, PMP®. He is also newly selected to PMI Finland Chapter Board, since February 2018.
How to reach @Nordea campus-Vallila- click this link: https://pmifinland.org/