- This event has passed.
Project Management Training for Volunteer Organizations
May 22, 2019Free
PMI Finland Chapter donates 17000 EUR for volunteer organisations in form of project management training, provided by Tieturi.
As part of 50th anniversary PMI Finland is working towards PMI goal to provide 50.000 hours towards United Nations 17 goals.
Together with Tieturi, PMI Finland is helping volunteering organisations to reach their goals by providing basic knowledge on project management.
The training is one full day on-site training at Tieturi office in Helsinki, going through how to manage projects from start to end.
Training is targeted for any volunteer organisation but priority is given to organisations who are working in any of the 17 areas defined by UN 17 goals.
There are 20 seats available, seats are provided first-come-first-served, taking the priority into account. Please share this information in your networks to reach organisations needing support on managing projects.
Introduction to the project management framework
- Benefits of project work
- Proper project language – key terms and concepts
- Project lifecycle and its stages
- Roles and responsibilities – what is expected of me in the project?
- How projects are born – or should be
- What is a good goal? Project objectives
- Project stakeholders
- Planning project communication
- Preparing a good project plan
- The project breakdown structure (PBS)
- The work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Creating a realistic schedule for the project
- Risk management as a part of the project plan
- Leading teams and experts
- Effective meeting practices
- the importance of final report and closing session – learning from projects