PMI Finland Chapter was present (Vesa Koskela and Javier Martin) in EMEA Leadership Institute Meeting 2016, held in Barcelona. It is a PMI annual event that brings together leaders and volunteers from chapters in PMI EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) to exchange experiences and best practices on chapter operations.
There are many PMI news, takeaways and lessons learned from PMI staff and from our colleagues in other chapters in PMI EMEA which we took home from this exciting event. These will help us improve our chapter value to our members. Find some important ones below:
- Project management value proposition is changing from pre-defined technical project management knowledge into providing ongoing improvements of one’s skills in organising/organisational, leadership and strategy areas.
- PMI Educational Foundation has new material for schools for providing organisation and leadership skills knowledge to students of various ages. There were great example projects presented from other chapters, e.g. PM summer camp for young pupils not affording commercial camps, where they created a movie with high-profile volunteers.
- PMI Practitioner guide for Agile project management coming out next year, likely coming to review late this year. For ACP certification, currently PMI refers to 3rd party books.
- Finland offerings will be more mapped to be aligned with PMI talent triangle
- Finland chapter is looking into co-operation opportunities with other EMEA Chapters (UK, Sweden and Poland) for possible cooperation i.e. sharing speaker’s database, topics, sponsors, etc.
- SEMINARSWORLD 2016, Athens, Greece, 12-13th September
- SEMINARSWORLD 2016, London November 14-15th November
- The EMEA LIM, the GLOBAL CONGRESS and SEMINARSWORLD 2017 will be held in Rome