Conference project manager was appointed in Chapter Board meeting 12.9.2016. We are happy to announce Heikki Hartikainen taking the lead in conference arrangements. You can see a short bio in: PMI Finland Board
Conference theme will be around ‘Change’. Change… around us, in the working and business environment. Change… the changes our projects seek to perform. Change… in project management methods we use. Change… in the people; how to motivate, how to lead, how to manage myself.
More about the theme as soon as the team has finalized it and the board approved.
Now, it is time to apply for volunteer positions in the Conference team. Volunteering – in addition to making the Conference really coming alive – gives you opportunity to join a team and network with peers, earn PDUs (something you need if you are certified PMP or have any other PMI certification), perhaps learn something new, .. and enjoy seeing real results from your activities.
Read more about Volunteer positions here
The speaker at the next PMI Breakfast Roundtable meeting organised in Vaasa on the 22nd September will be Tom Lunabba, Project Director at Freja Transport & Logistics Oy. His presentation will focus on the complex world of project logistics, including the different fields within a project seen from the logistical side:
- how to tackle a complex project
- where to start
- what to do next
- whom to talk to
The presentation will take place at Vaasa offices Runsor in the Auditorium.
Please register (RSVP) through the EVENTS pages.
PMI Finland Chapter was present (Vesa Koskela and Javier Martin) in EMEA Leadership Institute Meeting 2016, held in Barcelona. It is a PMI annual event that brings together leaders and volunteers from chapters in PMI EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) to exchange experiences and best practices on chapter operations.
There are many PMI news, takeaways and lessons learned from PMI staff and from our colleagues in other chapters in PMI EMEA which we took home from this exciting event. These will help us improve our chapter value to our members. Find some important ones below:
- Project management value proposition is changing from pre-defined technical project management knowledge into providing ongoing improvements of one’s skills in organising/organisational, leadership and strategy areas.
- PMI Educational Foundation has new material for schools for providing organisation and leadership skills knowledge to students of various ages. There were great example projects presented from other chapters, e.g. PM summer camp for young pupils not affording commercial camps, where they created a movie with high-profile volunteers.
- PMI Practitioner guide for Agile project management coming out next year, likely coming to review late this year. For ACP certification, currently PMI refers to 3rd party books.
- Finland offerings will be more mapped to be aligned with PMI talent triangle
- Finland chapter is looking into co-operation opportunities with other EMEA Chapters (UK, Sweden and Poland) for possible cooperation i.e. sharing speaker’s database, topics, sponsors, etc.
- SEMINARSWORLD 2016, Athens, Greece, 12-13th September
- SEMINARSWORLD 2016, London November 14-15th November
- The EMEA LIM, the GLOBAL CONGRESS and SEMINARSWORLD 2017 will be held in Rome
Speaker at the next PMI Breakfast Round table meeting organised in Vaasa on the 22nd September will be Tom Lunabba, Project Director at Freja Transport & Logistics Oy.
His presentation will focus on the complex world of project logistics, including the different fields within a project seen from the logistical side: how to tackle a complex project, where to start, what to do next, whom to talk to, and so on.
More information about content and personal presentation of the speaker will follow. Register (RSVP) through the EVENTS pages