Conference project manager was appointed in Chapter Board meeting 12.9.2016. We are happy to announce Heikki Hartikainen taking the lead in conference arrangements. You can see a short bio in: PMI Finland Board
Conference theme will be around ‘Change’. Change… around us, in the working and business environment. Change… the changes our projects seek to perform. Change… in project management methods we use. Change… in the people; how to motivate, how to lead, how to manage myself.
More about the theme as soon as the team has finalized it and the board approved.
Now, it is time to apply for volunteer positions in the Conference team. Volunteering – in addition to making the Conference really coming alive – gives you opportunity to join a team and network with peers, earn PDUs (something you need if you are certified PMP or have any other PMI certification), perhaps learn something new, .. and enjoy seeing real results from your activities.
Read more about Volunteer positions here
Success of our PMI Finland Conference 2017 is in your hands.
The Conference is organized totally by volunteers like you and me.
Volunteering – in addition to making the Conference really coming alive – gives you opportunity to join a team and network with peers, earn PDUs (something you need if you are certified PMP or have any other PMI certification), perhaps learn something new, .. and enjoy seeing real results from your activities.
Now we are seeking the following people:
- Team lead for Program (ID 8223)
- Team lead for Marketing (ID 8226)
- Team lead for Financials (ID 8229)
- Team lead for Sales (ID 8228)
- Team lead for Facilities (ID 8230)
- Team members for all teams mentioned above (IDs 8231, 8232, 8234, 8235, 8238)
For team lead positions we are asking the applications by 17.10.2016, for team member positions by 31.10.2016. Note: we will be recruiting more volunteers later, so don’t panic if you miss the deadline :=)
How to apply?
We’d like to promote using of PMI’s official tool, VRMS https://vrms.pmi.org/ (Volunteer Relationship Management System). So, the preferred way to apply is:
- Log in VRMS https://vrms.pmi.org/ with your PMI credentials
- Search for the position: you can use directly the ID above as a ‘search term’ OR you can use ‘Coordinator last name’ = Hartikainen OR you select ‘Chapters’ = Finland Chapter’ and ‘search term’ = Conference. (So, this is also a short training on VRMS for you :=)
- Send your application in VRMS
The other options – if you are busy or for any reason don’t want / can’t use VRMS – just send an email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org OR call +358 400 610 016. These other options can also be used by non-members who don’t have access to PMI systems.
You are warmly welcomed to apply for a position AND tell about this opportunity to your friends and colleagues in project management – even if they are not PMI members.
The speaker at the next PMI Breakfast Roundtable meeting organised in Vaasa on the 22nd September will be Tom Lunabba, Project Director at Freja Transport & Logistics Oy. His presentation will focus on the complex world of project logistics, including the different fields within a project seen from the logistical side:
- how to tackle a complex project
- where to start
- what to do next
- whom to talk to
The presentation will take place at Vaasa offices Runsor in the Auditorium.
Please register (RSVP) through the EVENTS pages.
We, at PMI Finland Chapter, are organising an Exam Prep Study-Group again for CAPM & PMP credentials. We are now looking for volunteers to act as remote facilitators for PMBOK ed. 5 topics and of course participants to attend the Study-Group. Online sessions will be organised as follows:
- Oct 10th – 0. Test session
- Oct 13th – 1. PM Framework (PMBOK Chapters 1-3)
- Oct 17th – 2. Project Integration Management (PMBOK Chapter 4)
- Oct 20th – 3. Project Scope Management (PMBOK Chapter 5)
- Oct 24th – 4. Project Cost Management (PMBOK Chapter 7)
- Oct 27th – 5. Project Quality Management (PMBOK Chapter 8)
- Oct 31st – 6. Project Time Management (PMBOK Chapter 6)
- Nov 3rd – 7. Project Human Resource Management (PMBOK Chapter 9)
- Nov 7th – 8. Project Communications Management (PMBOK Chapter 10)
- Nov 10th – 9. Project Risk Management (PMBOK Chapter 11)
- Nov 14th – 10. Project Procurement Management (PMBOK Chapter 12)
- Nov 17th – 11. Project Stakeholder Management (PMBOK Chapter 13)
- Nov 21st – 12. Ethics & Professional Code of Conduct
Facilitator prerequisite: CAPM or PMP, more recent certification preferred. You may apply for one or several sessions and will be rewarded with PDUs accordingly. Expected from you: Prepare and run the online session scheduled for 2 hours each (including Q&A). You may apply via PMI VRMS site.
Participant prerequisite: Chapter members and non-members welcome; free for Chapter Members.
For more details or registration please contact the study-group organiser Javier Martin (email@example.com).