PMI Finland Chapter was present (Vesa Koskela and Javier Martin) in EMEA Leadership Institute Meeting 2016, held in Barcelona. It is a PMI annual event that brings together leaders and volunteers from chapters in PMI EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) to exchange experiences and best practices on chapter operations.
There are many PMI news, takeaways and lessons learned from PMI staff and from our colleagues in other chapters in PMI EMEA which we took home from this exciting event. These will help us improve our chapter value to our members. Find some important ones below:
- Project management value proposition is changing from pre-defined technical project management knowledge into providing ongoing improvements of one’s skills in organising/organisational, leadership and strategy areas.
- PMI Educational Foundation has new material for schools for providing organisation and leadership skills knowledge to students of various ages. There were great example projects presented from other chapters, e.g. PM summer camp for young pupils not affording commercial camps, where they created a movie with high-profile volunteers.
- PMI Practitioner guide for Agile project management coming out next year, likely coming to review late this year. For ACP certification, currently PMI refers to 3rd party books.
- Finland offerings will be more mapped to be aligned with PMI talent triangle
- Finland chapter is looking into co-operation opportunities with other EMEA Chapters (UK, Sweden and Poland) for possible cooperation i.e. sharing speaker’s database, topics, sponsors, etc.
- SEMINARSWORLD 2016, Athens, Greece, 12-13th September
- SEMINARSWORLD 2016, London November 14-15th November
- The EMEA LIM, the GLOBAL CONGRESS and SEMINARSWORLD 2017 will be held in Rome
Speaker at the next PMI Breakfast Round table meeting organised in Vaasa on the 22nd September will be Tom Lunabba, Project Director at Freja Transport & Logistics Oy.
His presentation will focus on the complex world of project logistics, including the different fields within a project seen from the logistical side: how to tackle a complex project, where to start, what to do next, whom to talk to, and so on.
More information about content and personal presentation of the speaker will follow. Register (RSVP) through the EVENTS pages
I am happy to announce that login problem seems to be solved. I case you are Chapter member you should have received login credentials to your email (the email you used to register in PMI Global). Please check your junk mail if you do not find the email.
In case you still experience problems with login please contact via contact page.
NOTE: no login is needed to the pages. Some content is members only and to see the whole content you need to login.
PMI Finland Chapter is pleased to announce its annual conference scheduled for May 19th 2016 at Aalto TUAS-House, Otaniementie 17 AS1 –auditorium Espoo Finland.
The 2016 conference will again be a full-day event with an anticipated audience of about 100-150. This conference is independently organized and presented by PMI Finland Chapter. Our goal is to bring together bright minds to give talks that are idea-focused, and on a wide range of subjects, to foster learning, inspiration and wonder – and provoke conversations that matter.
For more information, please visit conference.pmifinland.org.
That is also your link to buy tickets – early bird prices are available and targeted to be very cost-efficient for you. Don’t miss the opportunity – register now.
Since the beginning of this year, we always offer remote connection and you can join us from any place. The only requirement is to have a computer/laptop/tablet with headset and internet connection. No dial in is required. To join the BRT remotely, you should:
- register via the link included in the invitation email
- mark remote attendance
- After you register for remote attendance the link to the remote session will be sent to you 2 days prior the meeting
We use Adobe Connect, you do not need to install anything special when using standard PC or laptop, the meeting will open in your default browser. For iOS devices you can download adobe application free of charge from the AppStore.