In PMI leaders meeting we discussed with our colleagues from Northern Europe chapters and planned new co-operation that would benefit our members cross our countries. Our target is to provide more volunteering opportunities, yet more events and great opportunities for networking for our members.
Here examples of ongoing activities:
PMI Finland chapter has organised again this autumn study groups to support those who are self studying to PMP exam. This autumn PMI Poland chapter has been hosting more than half our PMP study group sessions and this is still going on. Additionally, our study group was promoted in PMI Poland and we got some participants from there and also from Lithuania.
With PMI Sweden, we have helped them to get in touch with agile specialists from Finland and we’ve exchanged training material on strategy workshop. Additionally, during 2017 we are planning BRT sessions in Vaasa where PMI Sweden members, (Umeå area) will be invited.
Furthermore, we’re planning to share more online events between Northern Europe chapters (Webinars, Study groups, BRTs, etc.) and offering conference tickets to all collaborating countries with local member prices. In the future, we’re planning to expand cooperation to PMI chapters from Norway and Lithuania.
We’ll keep you posted about progress of the increased co-operation and we’re always happy to hear from you with ideas and suggestions 🙂
Javier Martin, Director of Professional Development
Vesa Koskela, President elect, Director of volunteers
We, at PMI Finland Chapter, are organising an Exam Prep Study-Group again for CAPM & PMP credentials. We are now looking for volunteers to act as remote facilitators for PMBOK ed. 5 topics and of course participants to attend the Study-Group. Online sessions will be organised as follows:
- Oct 10th – 0. Test session
- Oct 13th – 1. PM Framework (PMBOK Chapters 1-3)
- Oct 17th – 2. Project Integration Management (PMBOK Chapter 4)
- Oct 20th – 3. Project Scope Management (PMBOK Chapter 5)
- Oct 24th – 4. Project Cost Management (PMBOK Chapter 7)
- Oct 27th – 5. Project Quality Management (PMBOK Chapter 8)
- Oct 31st – 6. Project Time Management (PMBOK Chapter 6)
- Nov 3rd – 7. Project Human Resource Management (PMBOK Chapter 9)
- Nov 7th – 8. Project Communications Management (PMBOK Chapter 10)
- Nov 10th – 9. Project Risk Management (PMBOK Chapter 11)
- Nov 14th – 10. Project Procurement Management (PMBOK Chapter 12)
- Nov 17th – 11. Project Stakeholder Management (PMBOK Chapter 13)
- Nov 21st – 12. Ethics & Professional Code of Conduct
Facilitator prerequisite: CAPM or PMP, more recent certification preferred. You may apply for one or several sessions and will be rewarded with PDUs accordingly. Expected from you: Prepare and run the online session scheduled for 2 hours each (including Q&A). You may apply via PMI VRMS site.
Participant prerequisite: Chapter members and non-members welcome; free for Chapter Members.
For more details or registration please contact the study-group organiser Javier Martin (email@example.com).
PMI Finland Chapter was present (Vesa Koskela and Javier Martin) in EMEA Leadership Institute Meeting 2016, held in Barcelona. It is a PMI annual event that brings together leaders and volunteers from chapters in PMI EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) to exchange experiences and best practices on chapter operations.
There are many PMI news, takeaways and lessons learned from PMI staff and from our colleagues in other chapters in PMI EMEA which we took home from this exciting event. These will help us improve our chapter value to our members. Find some important ones below:
- Project management value proposition is changing from pre-defined technical project management knowledge into providing ongoing improvements of one’s skills in organising/organisational, leadership and strategy areas.
- PMI Educational Foundation has new material for schools for providing organisation and leadership skills knowledge to students of various ages. There were great example projects presented from other chapters, e.g. PM summer camp for young pupils not affording commercial camps, where they created a movie with high-profile volunteers.
- PMI Practitioner guide for Agile project management coming out next year, likely coming to review late this year. For ACP certification, currently PMI refers to 3rd party books.
- Finland offerings will be more mapped to be aligned with PMI talent triangle
- Finland chapter is looking into co-operation opportunities with other EMEA Chapters (UK, Sweden and Poland) for possible cooperation i.e. sharing speaker’s database, topics, sponsors, etc.
- SEMINARSWORLD 2016, Athens, Greece, 12-13th September
- SEMINARSWORLD 2016, London November 14-15th November
- The EMEA LIM, the GLOBAL CONGRESS and SEMINARSWORLD 2017 will be held in Rome