PMI Finland Chapter is a non-profit organization that provides project practitioners in Finland with continuous learning, networking and community support. We are organizing and hosting a number of events such as the BRTs (Breakfast Round Tables), which are regular meetings taking place once a month in Helsinki and occasionally also in other locations. Our members have the opportunity to attend our events for free or with a discount and we also send them a regular newsletter with localized content on project management. Additionally, we provide them with support in their professional development and training to prepare for the PMI certifications, which are role-based certifications in project management.
One example is the Chapter organized annual study group for the most requested credentials: CAPM® & PMP®. Finally, being a PMI member enables members to earn the PDUs (Professional Development Units) which is necessary to maintain their PMI certifications.
President of PMI Finland Chapter, puts it, “project management skills are skills everybody needs in life”. That is the reason why we hope to develop the knowledge of project management and establish ourselves as a support portal in Finland. It is very important for us to help our members in their project management career. We also want to elevate the project manager profession in Finland, as we believe it is not considered as a fully recognized profession at the moment. With this in mind, we work in close cooperation with various associations and with the government.
Chapter has the following strategy areas:
- Activities and initiatives outside the metropolitan area
- Membership (and increase), internal communication, certification and PDUs
- Knowledge and publications
- Competence development
- Marketing, external relationships and branding
- Motivate and create equal possibilities to education providers to deliver workshops and subject presentations on non-commercial basis
- Promoting cost sharing between companies on bringing renowned speakers to Finland
- Promote project management profession and PMI’s offering in companies and organizations
- To participate and give presentations and opinions in public events and media